Click to Download the ClickUp Launch Plan
Import a data file into ClickUp
What you’ll need
Import a data file
Once your data file is ready and you know which fields you want to use in ClickUp, it’s time to import it!
To import a data file:
- Click your Workspace avatar in the lower-left corner
- Select Import/Export
- Select Excel & CSV
- Click the Import from CSV/Excel file button
- Click Upload data from file to browse and upload a file from your computer or manually enter your task information directly onto the Import page
Review file details and map data to ClickUp fields
These steps allow you to map columns to fields in ClickUp.
- Double-check your data looks good in the preview window
- If not, try using a different Encoding format from the drop-down menu on the right.
- Confirm your header row by clicking Yes, select another row, or click on No header row
- Match columns to existing ClickUp task fields, include them as Custom Fields (mapping for these happens later) or ignore a field to exclude it from your import
- Review the mapping for each column entry
- Click Review in the bottom right
- Resolve any conflicts or issues
- If you receive an error message, make sure all fields are mapped to destinations
- Click Continue
- Click Yes to submit the file for importing
Finalize importing into ClickUp
These are the final steps to bring your work into ClickUp. You’re almost there!
- Select which Space to import into
- Select your date format
- Click Next
- Map your data to Custom Fields by creating a new Custom Field or mapping to an existing Custom Field using the Custom Fields library
- Click Complete to finish your import
- Your import will be processed and your tasks will appear in ClickUp shortly!
Find your imported tasks
You can find your imported tasks by:
Need to bulk edit your imported tasks?
Our handy Bulk Action Toolbar will help you edit multiple tasks quickly and easily!
Need to start over?
You can easily delete your imported data and try again. Check out our guide to troubleshooting imports for more info.